Friday, December 14, 2012

Peanut Butter & Nutella Cookies

After numerous failed attempts, I recently decided to tackle my fear of baking (the only thing i could well was apple crumble) and start again with the basics. I wanted to share with you a recipe for some cookies that I made yesterday using my two favourite spreads - Nutella and Peanut Butter! 


What you'll need:

Greaseproof Paper (or Parchment Paper)
170 g (unsalted) butter, softened
105 g dark brown sugar 
100 g white granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
160 g smooth or crunchy peanut butter (I used crunchy!)
110 g Nutella
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

MAKES APPROX 30 (I GOT 26)

Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees C and place greaseproof (or parchment paper) on your baking tray. 
In a large bowl, mix the butter with both the brown and the white sugar until creamy. Add the peanut butter and then the nutella (I just threw them in together!). Next combine the egg and the vanilla extract into the bowl. 
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda and incorporate slowly into the peanut butter-nutella goodness! 
NOTE: This next step isn't necessary but I would strongly advise you do so. 
Place the mixture in the fridge for about an hour (you can actually freeze the cookie dough as well - just roll into little balls and pop them into a freezer bag).

You can either roll the cookie dough mixture into little balls of the exact same size (e.g. 1inch) and then press down with a spoon or knife OR you can do what I did and just use a tablespoon to measure out a 'dollop' of cookie dough, transfer onto the greaseproof paper and press down gently with a spoon.

Bake the cookies for 10-15 mins or until they're lightly brown on the edges. Remove from the oven and cool them down on a wire rack. Serve warm with ice cream! 

1 comment:

Leave a little something, something :)